Friday, June 1, 2012

Introducing Sew Colette 2.0


Oh, my! It has been so hard to keep this new sew-along under wraps!  Erin, Rochelle, and I have been hatching this behind-the-scenes for a little while now, all the time looking like the three little monkeys trying to keep it a surprise!  However, debut day is here and we are delighted to announce our new project: Sew Colette 2.0!

Born from a desire to keep the creativity and camaraderie going from the original  Sew Colette Sew-Along, Sew Colette 2.0 picks up right where we left off, with a few minor changes.  Sew Colette 2.0 is a collaborative process, featuring tutorials, guest posts, and lively discussion, as seen in the handbook sew-along, with some very special guests coming to share their expertise.





For this new venture, we will be sewing our way through the  Colette Patterns library!  Following a bi-monthly (alternate month) schedule, participants will vote on which pattern to sew in polls posted on all of our blogs.  Once the votes are in and the winner chosen, the project begins!  Each project schedule allows for a relaxed pace that fits with (we hope) everyone's busy lifestyles.  After all, one of the reasons we all sew is for the sheer enjoyment, right?

Participants are encouraged to sew as many or as few garments as they like.  The Colette Patterns library is extensive (lucky for us!) and features many wonderful patterns.  In keeping with the spirit of the original sew-along, we will be venturing into croquis territory, as this is such a valuable tool to creating well-fitted garments. 






Without further ado, we are delighted to announce that our very first project is the beautiful Hazel dress.  Perfect for the summer, the Hazel dress is a hallmark of classic Colette Patterns style: beautiful fit, unique design features, and straightforward construction.

The Hazel Schedule:
Monday, June 4th: The Muslin
Monday, June 11th: Fit Techniques
Monday, June 18th: Fabulous Fabrics
Monday, June 25th: Sewing Hazel
Monday, July 9th: Hazel Parade

To access all the posts and projects from the original Sew Colette sew-along, please click the tab on my menu bar.

JOIN US
Come and sew-along with us as we create a glorious Colette Patterns wardrobe! Rochelle has designed beautiful logos for the sew-along and feel free to grab the code to post one on your own blog or website.

Sew Colette 2.0 180px wide:







Sew Colette 2.0 250px wide:








You are encouraged to post photos of your creations (muslins and WIPs, too!) in the Sew Colette Flickr group.  Don't forget to cross-post in the Colette Patterns Flickr group, too!

28 comments:

Roisin Muldoon said...

What a lovely idea, Sarah! I may very well take part in some of this. As my Me-Made-May has shown, I have no shortage of Colette garments but there are a few patterns that a sewalong would be really helpful for - I really want to make an Eclair dress, and to finally do something with my Lady Grey pattern!

gingermakes said...

Oh yay! I'm so excited! Thanks so much for hosting the sewalong!

Mrs. Blake said...

This is an exciting sew along project. And I just order my hazel pattern--arriving any day now:) I just returned to sewing and reading the blogs as the Handbook sew along was winding up. I will definitely be joining some of the projects for this one. I love the comraderie that you spoke of and clearly saw in all the posts and the flicker site.

Ali said...

How exciting! I can't wait to join you when y'all do the Parfait and the Oolong -- two dresses I love but just need the push to do :)

Lenora Jane said...

Exciiiting! Definitely going to hop in on this at least some of the time.

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

Can't wait!!!!

Crystal said...

I think this is a great idea. There are so many Colette Patterns I want to sew (I haven't made any yet, and I own several). I'll be joining in for some of them

Symon said...

Yep yep! I'm already in! Got that badge up on my blog and everything! :D

Meg @ Mood Fabrics said...

You are so nice to host sewalongs. I've done it myself and they can be a lot of work. But fun for everyone involved...

Anonymous said...

This a great follow up to your last sew along. I just recently returned to sewing and got into blogs as you were finishing the handbook sew along. I'm excited about this one, especially since my Hazel pattern just arrived today.--Dawn

MarrieB said...

Yay!! I've been itching to work on more Colette patterns, so this is just perfect!

Alessa said...

Oh yay, how cool! I had every intention of joining Sew Colette and with my rather busy life the last few months, I didn't manage to even join in on even one project! (I still have a winter Meringue all cut out except for the interfacing... oh well, it'll keep until fall...) But I have at least a couple of Colette patterns I want to sew in the coming summer and fall, so I'll definitely have to join in for that!

Ren @ Sew, Renae said...

Pefect! I purchased Hazel two weeks ago and are itching to start even though it's Winter down here!

LaraG said...

I think I'll join this one! I have enough Colette patterns that I think I can participate for many months. This will be my first sew along too, very exciting!

cuckoochanel said...

So exciting. I just printed Hazel and am ready for my first Colette dress (only have sewn a Sorbetto so far) and my first sewalong. Thanks for hosting!

Bella said...

I'm in! I'm a beginner sewer and am so excited about getting stuck into this. I have the pattern already and I traced it tonight ready to get stuck into it! Can't wait.

Anonymous said...

I want to join! Need to order the Hazel pattern! Does anyone want to make capris out of the Clover pattern? I don't wear shorts,but love capris. I have never made pants and will need some help! Sounds like a fun sew a long!Thanks1

Paunnet said...

I'm in, what a great idea!

ginny said...

I'm in! I've had Hazel sitting on the cutting table awaiting me to find the time to figure out a FBA for this dress --- so excited!

Sarah said...

I'm in! I purchased Hazel, now I'm off to download and make my muslin!

antonietta said...

I Just purchased the Hazel (digital version) and am in this sew along!!!!

but... how does it work??

Marie said...

I'd love to dip in and out of this, what a great idea and very generous of you all as well!

Tilly said...

How nice! I'd love to join in when you get to Macaron, it's been sitting in my stash for a while but it'd be fun to sew along with a group of other stitchers x

House of Pinheiro said...

I cannot wait to get my macaron out and sew together

Linda, Bathtub Fabric Queen said...

Love this idea! I have the Colette book and a bunch of patterns. I so would love to make some of these up! The Hazel has basically passed. What's next? I'd love to jump in!

Eilidhbelle said...

Can I do this if I'm an absolute total complete beginner? Apart from a few aprons and nine million quilts?

Eilidhbelle xx

Sarah said...

@Eilidhbelle - Yes, you definitely can! Welcome :)

Welmoed said...

Great! Thanks for hosting this sew-along! I've been wanting to sew a few Colette patterns and I'm definitly joining this sew-along!